HP Graphics Technology
Hewlett-Packard VISUALIZE Graphics technology provides superior
performance at affordable prices. It offers graphical solutions
for mechanical design, electrical design, architectural engineering,
geographical information systems, technical software development,
scientific visualization, and visual simulation, among others. With
performance as high as 424 PLBsurf and 365 PLBwire (on HP VISUALIZE
-48XP), HP continues to extend the graphics high-end by offering the
world's fastest integrated 3D graphics.
* HP VISUALIZE-EG
* HP VISUALIZE-8/24
* HP VISUALIZE-48
* HP VISUALIZE-48XP
* HP VISUALIZE-IVX
* Freedom Series from HP
* ProVision 10
(see original for image.)
Graphics specifications are subject to change without notice.
For performance numbers on other supported workstations see the
appropriate product brief.
* 3D and AA (anti-aliased) 3D vectors are 10 pixel, arbitrary
orientation, clip checked.
* Triangles are 50 pixel, Z-buffered, flat shaded, perspective
projection, random orientation, clip-checked.
* Lit Quads are 100 pixel, gouraud shaded, phong lighted, perspective
projection, random orientation, Z buffered, clipchecked.
* HP VISUALIZE-EG used additional Display Memory (A4452A).
* For performance information on the HP VISUALIZE-IVX and Freedom
Series from HP, see product briefs 5964-6048E and 5963-7050E
* For even more performance information, see the GPC web site at
**AA Vectors only supported on HP VISUALIZE-24/48/48XP
With HP VISUALIZE Graphics, your investment is secure. As your
computational performance needs change, the HP VISUALIZE Graphics
design and its closely coupled CPU architecture provide for
performance scaling with significant improvements in the CPU
performance. To further accelerate the graphics performance, the
HP VISUALIZE graphics architecture adds dedicated PA-RISC floating
point-based geometry accelerators to the graphics board.
Leadership performance that is scalable and affordable... HP VISUALIZE
* World's 2D graphics performance leader
* Up to 33 Xmark93 performance
* Resolutions up to 1600 x 1200
* Configurable up to 8 image planes double buffered and 8 overlay planes
* HP Color Recovery provides true color application support (up to 4
million displayable colors)
* Ideal solution for EDA
* World's 3D graphics price/performance leader
* 3D graphics performance scales from 105 to 168 PLBsurf marks
* HP VISUALIZE-8 offers best 3D performance for cost-sensitive
mechanical designers; supports HP Color Recovery
* HP VISUALIZE-24 offers world-class 24 bit 3D graphics performance
for mainstream mechanical designers and scientists
* Fastest 3D solids application performance in the mid-range price class
* 3D graphics performance scales from 206 to 288 PLBsurf marks
* Ideally suited for complex systems design and analysis
* Supports a 16MB memory and 32K x 32K virtual texture cache that allows
real world materials and textures to be applied to product designs
* True-color double buffering and high-speed data path provides for
smooth rotations and animation of images
* Non-destructive overlay annotation support
* Video-out provides hardcopy support for animations and simulations
(see original for image.)
* World's 3D desktop graphics performance leader
* 424 PLBsurf, 365 PLBwire (world's fastest PLB benchmarks)
* More than 2.5x faster than SGI R10000 Maximum Impact
* 24-bit true-color double buffering
* 16MB texture memory and video-out support
* World's 2D imaging price/performance leader
* Display performance of 40+ million pixels per second enables
real-time dynamic interaction with 2D sensory data
* Target markets include: medical imaging, military imaging
(photographic, radar, infrared, sonar data), and geographic
* One of the fastest 2D vector graphics accelerators available. The
HCRX-8 provides 8/8 double buffering while the HCRX-24 provides
12/12 double buffering for smooth rotations of complex 3D wire
frames. HCRX-8 and HCRX-24 provide overlay planes for fast non
-destructive menuing and hardware-assisted video decompression for
real-time video playback. The HCRX-24 offers 24 planes for full 24
-bit graphics accuracy and 16.7 million colors. The HCRX-8 uses the
patented HP Color Recovery technology for approximately 4 million
colors in 8 planes.
* These graphics accelerators are best suited for 2D ECAD, 3D wire
-frame and 8- or 24- bit imaging used in scientific visualization,
GIS, or design analysis.
Freedom Series from HP
* The Freedom Series offers superior OpenGL performance and supports
advanced features such as full scene anti-aliasing, stencil planes,
accumulation buffers and tri-linear MIP mapped texture mapping. It
offers scalable performance through the addition of more performance
modules (up to 8).
* The Freedom Series from HP is uniquely suited for geometry-rich OpenGL
applications that use texture mapping found in advanced visualization
and visual simulation.
* The ProVision 10 is an EISA bus expansion chassis containing single,
dual, or triple VPX rendering cards for high-performance, photo
-textured, shaded, stereo graphics.
* The ProVision 10 system is completely integrated with an assortment of
Virtual Reality peripherals for tracking movements, navigating in 3D
space, becoming visually immersed, using audio capabilities including
3D spatial sound, and using haptic devices for a sense of touch.
* Division Incorporated is a leading supplier of Virtual Reality
solutions, including hardware, software, and consulting services.
* Division's dVISE and dVS software packages for virtual reality
authoring and collaborative virtual prototyping can also be used
with HP VISUALIZE-48 and -48XP graphics to a monitor display
allowing navigation with a mouse or spaceball.
For more information, contact any of our worldwide sales offices or HP
Channel Partners (In the U.S., call 1-800-637-7740; in Canada, call
Look for HP on the Internet (http://www.hp.com and www.hp.com
2101 Gaither Road
Rockville, MD 20850 301 670 4300
5201 Tollview Drive
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 708 255 9800
5805 Sepulveda Blvd.,
Suite 800 Van Nuys, CA 91411 818 786 5800
2015 South Park Place
Atlanta, GA 30339 404 955 1500
Hewlett-Packard (Canada) Ltd.
5150 Spectrum Way
L4W 5G1 Canada 416 206 4725
Latin America Region
Pelvoux No. 111-2nd
Floor Lomas de
Chapultepec 11000 Mexico, D.F. 525 202 0155
Hewlett-Packard Japan, Ltd.
#168 Japan +81 3 3335 8970
Asia Pacific Ltd. 17-21 F,
Shell Tower Times Square
1 Matheson Street Causeway Bay
Hong Kong: +852 2599 7777
China: +86 10 505 3888
Taiwan: +886 80 212559
Korea: +82 2 769 0700
Singapore: +65 290 6369
Malaysia: +60 298 6555
Hewlett-Packard Australia Ltd.
31-41 Joseph Street Blackburn,
Melbourne, Australia +61 3 272 2895
& Multicountry Sales Region:
Hewlett-Packard S.A. Route
du Nant-d'Avril 150 CH-1217
Meyrin 2 Switzerland +41 22 780 8111
Austria: +43 1 25000 0
Belgium: +32 2 778 3111
Independent States (CIS): +7 09 9235001
Czech Republic: +42 2 4717321
Denmark: +45 45 99 1000
Finland: +358 0 88721
France: +33 1 69918000
Germany: +49 7031 140
Greece: +30 1 6896411
Hungary: +36 1 2524505
Iceland: +354 1 671000
Ireland: +353 1 2844633
Italy: +39 2 92 122770
Netherlands: +31 20 5476911
Norway: +47 22 735600
Poland: +48 22 375065
Portugal: 351 1 3017343
Spain: +34 1 6311600
Sweden: +46 8 444 2000
Switzerland: +41 1 7357111
Turkey: +90 212 2245925
United Kingdom: +44 344 369231
For Countries not listed:
Middle East and
Africa Operations: +41 22 780 4111
Front cover screen credit: CATIA Software from Dassault Systemes.
The information contained in this document is subject to change
without notice. Copyright (c) Hewlett-Packard Co., 1996
All rights reserved.
Printed in U.S.A. 5/96