Click here for the old index pages.
Click here for the Text Version of this page.
OK, the interface as it looks now will have 4 main categories, "Products & Services", "What's New", "Support", and ther "Contact" pages. Additionally, the 2 logo fields will act as buttons as well, linking directly to the main sites for that company, be it HP or the Client site. Each of these six categories will activate a series of mouseover events, different for each one. Each mouseover will generate....
- 1: The button will light up.
- 2: The inset 'screen' will change to reflect an image associated with it.
- 3: The drop-down menu will come down, containing imagemapped links to the sub-categories in that node. It will be raised by either doing a mouseover on another button, or by clicking on the bottom of it, otherwise it will stay down so those links can be accessed.
Each of the 6 main elements will have these images...
Additionally, there will be 3 additional cells required for the animation sequence, so the unit will appear to drop down smoothly.
- 2 versions of the button, on and off.
- 1 screen image.
- 1 drop down menu image, with associated map.
Here are the costs invloved...
- 1: Base creation of the interface, 6 hours, $360.
- 2: HP Logo Button, base $120 plus $36 for the "on" version, $156.
- 3: Client Logo Button, base $120 plus $36 for the "on" version, $156.
- 4: 4 buttons, 2 versions each, base $120, plus $36 x 7 units, total $372.
- 5: 7 "screen" images, one for the "off" mode, and one for each of the 6 buttons. Base $120, plus $36 x 6 units, total $336.
- 6: 6 drop down menu image, static versions, base $120 plus $36 x 5 units, total $300.
- 7: Animation sequence for the drop down menu, 3 hours, $180.
- 8: We may also want to add floating text headers in the bottom right of the interface, below the buttons and to the right of the drop down menu. Text header for the 4 main categories would cost $200.
- 10: HTML imagemapping for the dropdown menus, 2 hours, $120.
Total cost for this unit would be $2,360, reflecting 39:20 hours labor.
Estimated time for completion of this unit will be 2 weeks, (10 business days), starting from the receipt of the Purchase Order.